We are looking for a Technical Architect to join our Industry Solutions team in York.
Here at Piksel, we design, build and run complex and high-profile platforms across several verticals, from retail, transport and healthcare, to video and entertainment. We make our living doing what we enjoy – enabling organisations to push the boundaries of technology. Top to bottom and front to back, we can cover all the bases for our clients, and by doing so we offer varied and exciting opportunities for all our employees. We do things the right way - solid engineering and systems management practice is our passion; applying good practice and standards where appropriate but allowing our architects and clients the room to be creative and innovative with their solutions.
The successful candidate will be passionate about technology, not be afraid to push the boundaries, challenge the status quo and radiate enthusiasm that is infectious and influential to our customers. You’ll need to be completely at ease speaking and presenting to all levels and talking in an authoritative and confident manner.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you!
What this role involves…
- As part of our architecture team, develop and deliver our cloud-first Azure service offerings.
- Participate in or lead engagements with customers covering technical pre-sales, design, and delivery.
- Build strong relationships and influence key customer contacts, identifying business opportunities.
- Share Piksel's knowledge and experience with our customers, helping them come to well-informed decisions on technical strategy and architecture.
- Maintain strong internal relationships with internal service teams, sharing customer feedback and providing domain expertise.
- Engage with technical experts in other Piksel departments to share knowledge and lessons learned and develop ideas for modern and innovative solutions.
- Regular travel to London will be required, occasionally further afield
What we’ll need you to bring…
- In-depth understanding of public cloud computing – SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS, with particular expertise in Azure
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft’s technology stack and services at an architectural level, including MSSQL, Office 365, SharePoint, AD, and Exchange.
- Proven experience in an Architecture or equivalent role.
Demonstrable experience of consulting, planning, designing and implementing complex and large-scale infrastructure solutions using continuous deployment techniques.
Can talk openly and confidently about the benefits of using Azure technologies both internally and in customer environments.
Experience participating in all aspects of large scale architecture projects throughout the full lifecycle of requirements capture to ongoing operational support.
- Hold Microsoft and associated technology certifications.
- Cost and design optimisation of cloud workloads.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with examples of published white papers and similar desirable.
Strong knowledge of up-to-date technical trends.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years in customer facing roles and a proven record of effective collaborations across internal and customer organisations at all levels.
Ideally, you’ll hold one of more of the following qualifications:
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Qualifications relating to other technologies
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
Located in the Science Park, within the main campus of York University (YO10), Piksel Group’s head office is home to some of the most innovative technology solutions on the planet.
We have been developing and delivering services to the Health, Media, Public Sector, Retail, and Transport sectors for nearly 20 years. We provide a mix of software, network, and infrastructure management services and have a long established capability in the management of public and private cloud, ensuring our customers not only meet but exceed their business requirements.
At Piksel, we have a history of dealing with all manner of requirements, from customers who require a simple two or three-tier solution, to those looking for high availability or time-critical systems. The main thing is, we enjoy engaging with our customers, discovering their needs and designing and delivering services so they have one less thing to worry about.
So, if technology is your thing and you like to see it used to enable companies to work in new and exciting ways, then we’d love to hear from you.
We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.