We are currently looking for a technical Linux Engineer with a range of Internet-facing hosting experience, to be based in our York office.
You‘ll be keen and enthusiastic, with a broad understanding of enterprise infrastructure and application architecture. The successful applicant will play a key role in supporting cutting edge technology solutions for our distinguished client list.
What this role involves…
- Taking the lead with Helpdesk incidents and managing to resolution
- Creating, managing and implementing change requests within the environment
- Investigating on-going problems to find solutions
- Liaising directly with the customer to resolve issues
- Reacting quickly to major and critical incidents and communicating directly with the customer
- Technically assessing and reviewing change requests
- Being part of an on-call rota for out-of-hours, 24 x 7 support
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using common programming languages (primarily python, perl & bash)
- Creating environment provisioning solutions using puppet
- Diagnosing in-depth technical issues and advising solutions/workarounds to the customer
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Exposure to scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Bash & Ruby
- TCP/IP network administration
- Load balancing and caching technologies and solutions
- Storage solutions (EMC/NetApp/HP)
- Middleware knowledge (Tomcat/Jetty/Weblogic)
- Virtualisation and cloud knowledge (VMWare/AWS/Azure)
- Good communication skills
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4, as well as partnering with companies like Discovery, Endemol and Liberty Global - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.