We're looking for an experienced VP of Finance to take ownership of Piksel's global finance functions, managing staff across several geographical locations and 3 different time zones. This is a fast-paced, challenging role working for a market leader in the online video solutions sector.
You'll be responsible for managing every aspect of our financial performance, from overseeing statutory accounting for all of our subsidiaries, to setting the commercial direction of the company; the Finance Director will work with the executive management team to set the course and steer the ship - whilst always maintaining a laser-sharp focus on where we've been and how we're performing against our financial goals, as well as the expectations of the wider market.
You'll oversee all areas of global finance, ensuring that our performance is on target and as expected, whilst remaining compliant with all relevant reporting frameworks and statutory requirements. We're a fast-moving, ever-changing business that's driven by the needs of our customers - so we need to be agile, flexible and innovative in everything we do. We need a finance team that can support this approach and can act as true business partners, providing sound commercial advice and insightful reporting that helps us to stay one step ahead of the competition.
We use NetSuite as a global software solution and you'll take ownership of the growth and management of the finance functionality in the system, including occasional upgrades and implementations. There will also be plenty of scope to introduce new processes and improvements, as well as overseeing team growth and staff development across both finance and non-financial teams (including Payroll, Procurement and Facilities)
What this role involves:
- Lead all aspects of finance across the group including accounting, administration, and payroll
- Working closely with the executive leadership team to oversee financial performance and shape commercial strategy for the organisation
- Overseeing the timely and accurate delivery of all month end reporting and management information
- Liaising with key customers and providing advice on contractual agreements
- Fostering a culture of true business partnering, ensuring that finance is seen as an added-value function within the wider business
- Role modelling our business values and instilling a progressive, joined-up culture for our global finance teams
- Supporting on M&A activity and commercial projects as required
What we'll need you to bring:
- Substantial experience and a strong track record of managing, successful finance teams in client-driven, commercial environments
- A full accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
- Extensive experience working within a global finance function that operates across several jurisdictions (UK GAAP, US GAAP, and IFRS knowledge would all be advantageous)
- A natural leader who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Superb qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- Exemplary communication skills - Equipped with the ability to report, present and influence at all levels of an organisation
- Great all round ERP/systems skills are essential (NetSuite would be ideal)
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills
- A working knowledge of the information technology, software, broadcast or professional services sectors would be desirable
What we'll give you in return...
- A competitive package with all the benefits you'd expect from a caring employer
- The rare opportunity to shape & grow the global finance function of a market-leading technology company, which has long-term relationships with some of the World's best-known brands
- The opportunity to bring your ideas to life & to make a demonstrable impact
- The chance to manage systems implementations, process improvements and team growth; driving the kind of change that will progress your career
- A flexible approach to work and a good work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next-generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4, as well as partnering with companies like Discovery, Endemol and Liberty Global - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Please apply below or contact Ben Coupland if you'd like to find out more.
We're really proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.