We’re looking for a QA Automation Engineer
This is a great opportunity to join a talented and progressive team. Using the latest QA automation techniques you will be delivering solutions to some of the world’s largest media companies.
The successful candidates will join a challenging and fast paced agile environment where their contributions to all phases of the SDLC will be valued and encouraged.
What this role involves…
- Contributing to the SDLC from analysis to acceptance to ensure quality is maintained throughout the continuous delivery pipeline
- Championing quality through identifying areas of weakness within our applications
- Owning Product Quality by defining a clear test strategy with a consistent and structured approach
- Joining a QA guild that reaches across the company, sharing knowledge and contributing to the global test strategy
- Automating tests to run in our continuous delivery pipeline
- Developing and maintaining our test automation framework
- Going that extra mile to improve quality
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Considerable knowledge of automation techniques and their application
- Understanding of testing methodologies (Integration Testing, System Testing, UAT, etc.)
- Commercial experience automating software tests with Cucumber or similar tool
- Experience testing RESTful APIs
- Good comprehension of test and defect management
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Knowledge of Source control tools
- Experience with Continuous integration and/or delivery software
- Desire to deliver quality assured, highly scalable features
What we’ll give you in return…
- Competitive salary
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- Experience working in a DevOps team
- Exposure to the agile development process Scrum/Kanban
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel Group’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4 and Virgin Media’s Horizon Go - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.