We’re looking for a QA Automation Engineer
As a key member of a fast moving program of development, you’ll work as part of a focused team, using the latest QA automation techniques, delivering solutions to some of the world’s largest media companies.
What this role involves…
- Full understanding of our project goals and delivering to our QA Strategy
- Ability to assess and deploy the correct approach to automation testing for each project
- Responsible for the testing planning and execution across a project
- Responsible for feature file and step definition provision, execution, defect logging, tracking and reporting on the projects they are assigned to
- Responsible for inputting into the global test strategy and for being part of the overall QA community, sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Responsible for all automated functional, regression, load, ad-hoc and compatibility testing for a given feature set or project area
- Liaising with engineering and management over requirements, defects, timescales and estimates
- Responsible for creating a set of tests that will fully prove the quality of the system throughout the pipeline
- Reporting progress of testing accurately and be able to present this effectively to the wider team
- Assisting with defining the test outline for the solution including identification of the environment and toolsets and needed for the test
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Extensive Quality Assurance experience
- Significant experience of automated test approaches and able to discern when and which to use with particular experience in tools such as Cucumber, Capybara, Calabash or Selenium
- Thorough understanding of software development methods and techniques including Ruby, httpparty, GIT, Jira, Charles and Fiddler
- Very knowledgeable and passionate about Quality Assurance
- Thorough understanding of software development methods and techniques
- Able to demonstrate considerable knowledge of automation techniques and their application
- Excellent communication skills, with internal developments teams and client stakeholders
- Enthusiastic and energetic; relishes the pace and pressure of large software development projects
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4 and Virgin Media’s Horizon Go - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.