We’re looking for a hands-on Azure Technical Architect for to join our team in London, supporting high profile customers.
Here at Piksel, we design, build and run complex and high-performance platforms across several verticals, from retail, transport, healthcare to video and entertainment. Many of our customers are looking towards public cloud offerings and what they can offer their business. That’s where you’ll come in; we’re looking for somebody who can talk to our customers and help them understand what is the best option for them. It may be a complete move to the cloud or just some of their services, every customer is unique and so are the solutions we offer them.
The successful candidate will be passionate about technology and have a clear understanding of the differences between architecting solutions for hyper scale cloud and traditional platforms. You will push the boundaries, challenge the status quo and radiate enthusiasm that is infectious and influential to our customers and our delivery and operations teams. You’ll need to be completely at ease speaking and presenting to all levels and talking in an authoritative and confident manner and you will also need to have the skills to build the solutions you are designing.
What this role involves…
- Being part of our architecture team; developing and extending our Azure service offerings
- Leading customers engagements, covering technical pre-sales, design, and delivery
- Building strong relationships and influencing key customer contacts
- Sharing Piksel's knowledge and experience with our customers, helping them come to well-informed decisions on technical strategy and architecture.
- Maintaining strong relationships with internal service teams, as well as sharing customer feedback and providing domain expertise.
- Engaging with technical experts across the business to share knowledge
- Regular travel to York will be required, occasionally further afield.
What we’ll need you to bring…
- In depth understanding of Cloud Computing – SaaS, IaaS and PaaS with particular expertise in Azure & associated APIs
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft’s Technology stack and services at an architectural level, including Hyper-V, SCVMM, MSSQL, O365, SharePoint, AD and Exchange.
- Proven experience in a Lead Architect or equivalent role
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing complex and large-scale infrastructure solutions
- The ability to confidently explain the benefits of using Azure technologies both internally and in customer environments.
- Experience participating in all aspects of large scale architecture projects throughout the full lifecycle of requirements capture to ongoing operational support.
- Exposure to cost and design optimisation.
- Strong knowledge of up-to-date technical trends
- The successful candidate will have spent several years in customer facing roles and a proven record of effective collaborations across internal and customer organisations at all levels.
Ideally you’ll hold one of more of the following qualifications: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions, Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions, Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, or similar Qualifications relating to other technologies
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- Massive growth opportunities and the chance to work on some high-profile projects
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
- A competitive package and all the benefits you’d expect from a caring employer
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European and head office is home to some of the most innovative technology solutions on the Planet.
We have been developing and delivering services to the Health, Media, Public Sector, Retail and Transport sectors for nearly 20 years. We provide a mix of software, network and infrastructure management services and have a long established capability in the management of public and private cloud, ensuring our customers not only meet, but exceed their business requirements.
At Piksel, we have a history of dealing with all manner of requirements, from customers who require a simple two or three tier solution, to those looking for high availability or time critical systems. The main thing is, we enjoy engaging with our customers, discovering their needs and designing and delivering services so they have one less thing to worry about.
So if technology is your thing and you like to see it used to enable companies to work in new and exciting ways, then we’d love to hear from you.
We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.