Piksel designs, builds, develops and manages successful technology solutions to clients of all sizes across different sectors, such as Media & Broadcast, Telco & Utilities, Public Sector, Transportation, Healthcare, Retail and start-ups. Headquartered in New York City, Piksel offices can be found throughout Europe and the Americas, serving more than 1,600 clients in over 50 countries.
We are looking for a Java/Web Developer for one of our most prestigious clients, an international research center based in Italy.
Under the coordination of the project manager, the successful candidate will follow-up on the current developments and take the lead as web developer towards the attainment of the objectives established by the project manager.
- Implement the solution in accordance with corporate style, as well as the available documentation and mock-ups;
- Develop the functionalities established for the website, making use of the technical stack provided by the project manager;
- Support testing and deployment activities as well as the operations of the solution as long as it's operated by the Customer;
- Ensure cross-browser optimization (e.g. Firefox, IE, Chrome), create and maintain software documentation and perform bug-fixing.
- experience in the design and development of multi-tier Java-based web applications;
- of a persistence framework (EclipseLnk and/or Hibernate) and of the Java Persistence API (JPA);
- of the Spring framework and the JEE specification.
- experience on data modelling and physical database design will be an advantage.
- the service provider will also master the basics of:
- build management;
- defect tracking and source code management (tagging, branching, merging).
- good knowledge of the English language;
- a degree (at least 3 years) in a relevant discipline is a valuable asset.
We offer an initial contract of 12 months and a salary commensurate to the professional background.
Location: Ispra (VA), Italy.