We are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer to work from our York office. We need a keen and enthusiastic candidate who has a broad understanding of enterprise application architecture and can work closely with a Fortune 500 client; playing a key role in developing cutting edge technology solutions for them.
Our Carelink Business builds and runs complex and high profile Internet and NHS connected platforms. We specialize in providing solutions to the NHS and their private sector partners. We offer varied and exciting opportunities for all our employees and do things the right way, applying good practice and standards where appropriate, but also allowing our teams the freedom to be creative and innovative with their solutions.
What this role involves…
- Supporting Technical Leads & Architects in the development of world class enterprise applications
- Developing custom software for Healthcare clients
- Writing quality code for on-time, on-budget deployment according to project management schedules
- Working with the wider team to ensure our client’s end product meets their standards for enterprise software applications
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Extensive experience in commercial Java development
- Experience developing enterprise applications with Java, J2EE
- Experience with Open Source frameworks such as Spring & Hibernate and an understanding of the advantages of using them
- Good experience with Web Services, especially RESTful ones
- Experience working with technologies such as Tomcat, Jetty, JBOSS, Apache, Websphere or Weblogic
- Experience with Continuous Build approaches using tools such as Git, Subversion, Maven and Hudson/Jenkins
- Experience of developing Unit Tests for code modules
- Full lifecycle experience across the whole tech stack, be highly technical and hands-on
- Good understanding of Object Oriented and Agile approaches, processes, and methods
- Good communications skills, especially with Customers
What we’ll give you in return…
- Wide exposure to some incredible development and web technologies
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Opportunity to broaden your horizons and expands your knowledge base, traveling to customer locations across the globe
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgment for a job well-done
- A competitive package and all the benefits you’d expect from a caring employer
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet.
Our healthcare business, Carelink, has been delivering services to the sector for nearly 20 years. We provide a mix of development and network and infrastructure management services and have recently become one of the first organisations to be granted authorisation to provide network connectivity to the NHS new private network – HSCN. The NHS has embarked on a path of digital transformation and is embracing technology and innovation as part of its push toward more efficient and effective patient care. With our long track record of working in the sector and our early adopter status for HSCN, we are well positioned to participate in this transformation and play our part in the exciting times ahead.
We're really proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.