We’re looking for two talented Engineers to join our team and contribute to the systems engineering of our platform. Keeping robustness, performance and security in focus and building tools to facilitate a ‘You build it, you run it’ engineering culture.
Working alongside a group of dedicated colleagues you will work on processes and solutions to enable the deployment of features quickly and safely into production. With your contribution, platforms are scalable and autonomous, releases go live automatically with zero downtime, and platforms are secure.
What this role involves:
- Supporting the requirements of the development teams for the growth of the application platform
- Maintaining, supporting and continuously improving the various infrastructure platforms
- Investigating and providing support for production issues
- Communicating and documenting platform capabilities for the wider development group
- Contributing towards continuous improvement within the team
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Strong grasp of configuration management tools e.g. Puppet, Terraform, Chef, Ansible
- Experience in open source technologies and tools e.g Git, Python, Docker, Kafka
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies
- Knowledge of monitoring and log manipulation solutions e.g.Elastic Search, Kibana, Dynatrace, Graphite/Grafana
- Experience of AWS or other cloud vendors would be very beneficial
- Confident and proactive communication skills, at all levels
- A passion for infrastructure as code and delivery excellence
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- A culture of knowledge sharing
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
Located in Malaga, within the Andalusian Tecnology Park, Piksel’s offices are home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4 and Virgin Media’s Horizon Go - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from Malaga, York, London, Atlanta, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days annual leave + additional day for every 3 years of service
- Additional day’s leave on your birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Participation in the Malaga Health Challenge
- Flexible schedule
- English / Spanish classes
- Monthly Team Night Out