We are currently looking for a Senior Engineer Contractor with a range of end-user compute, and both internal and Internet-facing hosting experience to be based at our client’s office in Northampton, but also able to spend some time in York and potentially London.
What this role involves…
- Working with our customers to deliver digital transformation
of their end-user compute services, specifically focused around Office 365 and an Active Directory domain migration.
- Working within a small team to build complex server infrastructures in both green and brown
field environments following design documentation.
- Producing quality documentation following existing standards.
- Collaborating with colleagues to quickly and efficiently
expedite the resolution of any issues encountered.
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Experience of implementation, consultation and migrations using a broad range of Microsoft SaaS technologies within the Microsoft 365 suite.
- Experience of implementing cross-forest user and service
- A broad level of knowledge over a spectrum of technologies including operating systems, networking,
web technologies, databases, enterprise systems management.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise technologies: Windows desktop and server operating systems and servers, and VMware hypervisors.
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP networks with preference of Cisco, Brocade and Check Point technologies.
- Hands on experience of installation and maintenance of
data centre infrastructure technologies.
- A knowledge of Azure services and resources,
preferably including automation.
- Some experience of AWS would be advantageous.
- Excellent written/verbal
- Extensive commercial experience.
- ITIL awareness.
Piksel's Head Office is located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10). We deliver successful, cutting edge technology solutions to clients of all sizes from a variety of industries. For almost 20 years, we’ve been a highly trusted business partner, creating innovative solutions that drive revenue, reduce costs and improve services.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.