We are currently looking for a Microsoft Engineer with a range of Internet and critical business systems experience to join our team, based in our office on the outskirts of York.
What this role involves…
- Working within a small team building complex server infrastructures in both green and brown field environments following design documentation.
- Collaborating with colleagues to quickly and efficiently expedite the resolution of any issues encountered, doing so in a logical and methodical manner.
- Working pro-actively in the management and monitoring of customer infrastructures to prevent issues and outages happening in the first instance.
- An proactive and forward thinking approach to process improvement
- Being open to ideas and equally happy to suggest improvements or better ways of doing things.
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise technologies, Windows Server (2012, 2016) and VMware vSphere.
- A broad level of knowledge over a spectrum of technologies including operating systems, networking, web technologies, databases, enterprise systems management.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networks with preference of Cisco, Brocade and Check Point technologies.
- Hands on experience of installation and maintenance of data centre infrastructure technologies.
- Experience of Azure and/or AWS would be very beneficial.
- ITIL awareness.
- Natural decision-making abilities.
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
At Piksel, we design, build and run complex high profile IT platforms across numerous technical and business sectors. From video and entertainment platforms to healthcare systems, we make our living doing what we enjoy; enabling organisations to push the boundaries of technology. By doing so we offer varied and exciting opportunities for all our employees. We do things the right way: solid engineering and systems management practice is our passion; applying good practice and standards where appropriate, but allowing architects and clients the room to be creative and innovative with their solutions.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.