We are looking for an experienced DevOps Tech Lead who is passionate about using AWS, Bamboo, Ansible, Terraform and Docker, to deliver a world class cloud based continuous integration and deployment environment for a leading media company.
As a DevOps Technical Lead you'll have a brilliant understanding of cloud and architecting for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the services our client requires; focusing on automation, decoupling, self-service and containerisation.
You’ll have a confident, diplomatic approach with strong Linux administration and hard-core automation skills. The successful candidate will be working on-site as part of an existing team promoting self-service and automation to customer development teams.
What this role involves…
- Leading a small team of competent DevOps engineers in a matrix management environment
- Installing, configuring and maintaining continuous integration, automation and configuration management tools
- Working with the developers and operations to create a fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects
- Working closely with customer Architecture, Development, Test, Security and IT Services teams
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Ansible, Terraform, Bamboo, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash
- Implementing and developing solutions enabling Development and Operations teams to build, deploy, monitor and test applications and environments
- Implementing monitoring and reporting solutions across a range of environments and platforms
- Evaluating and advising on cloud and containerization solutions
- Create environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant, Ansible and Terraform.
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Strong technical leadership and customer facing skills
- Continuous Integration & Deployment: expert knowledge of principles and execution
- Extensive experience of Cloud Computing preferably AWS
- Automation technologies: Bamboo, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Jenkins
- Containerisation: Docker, Docker SWARM, Nomad, Kubernetes and ECS/ECR
- Version Control Systems: Gitlab, Git, Subversion
- RedHat, Centos or Debian Linux administration
- Administration and configuration of UNIX applications
- Application load balancers and DNS name resolution
- Python, Perl and/or bash scripting experience
- Java Development - able to write simple programs
- Experience as a team leader
- Automation and Configuration Management in an Enterprise or Cloud environment
- DevOps and CI/CD Pipeline implementation
- Containerization and Container Scheduler implementation
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivaled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgment for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in Mayfair, Central London (W1J) - a short walk from Green Park Tube Station - Piksel’s London office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet and is the hub for our extensive London operations. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like All 4, Channel 4’s award-winning digital platform, as well as partnering with companies like Discovery, Sky and Liberty Global - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris, and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.