We are seeking an experienced Project Accountant to join our Finance team in York, to provide extra capacity across a range of projects in the finance function covering both financial control and FP&A functions.
The ideal candidate will be a good all-rounder with the drive and ambition to move outside your comfort zone. This position will work closely with the VP of Finance and as such offers the successful candidate an opportunity to accelerate their career development working across the whole finance function.
What projects this role involves…
- Writing reports on NetSuite & Adaptive to further improve the financial information available to the business.
- Support for Balance Sheet reconciliation processes
- Streamline and systemise cash flow projection reporting
- Streamline and shorten the month-end close process and preparation of board packs.
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience.
- USGAAP, UKGAAP, IFRS.
- Management accounting experience essential – ability to support month-end close process across various locations in the business so that the month-end close process takes less time.
- Balance Sheet reconciliation experience essential.
- Experience of process improvement essential.
- Experience of using NetSuite and or Adaptive
- Experience of project management
- FP&A experience to support analysis and commentary on month-end results and preparation of board pack.
A bit about you…
- Ability to focus on the end result required, sound judgement to rapidly filter out data that slows down delivery of the end result.
- Responsive: acts with urgency and initiative.
- Comfortable making commitments and taking responsibility.
- Strong work ethic.
- Takes the time to build relationships within the finance team and the broader business, able to empathise with colleague objectives and find mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
What we’ll give you in return…
- A competitive benefit package
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10). Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. We deliver successful, cutting edge technology solutions to clients of all sizes from a variety of industries. For almost 20 years, we’ve been a highly trusted business partner, creating innovative solutions that drive revenue, reduce costs and improve services.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. Piksel is a true powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Please apply below if you'd like to find out more.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.