We are looking for a Technical Lead to join our Industry Solutions team in a role that will allow you to maintain your hands-on technical skills whilst also allowing you to progress and develop yourself in the areas of pre-sales, sales support, public cloud services and consultancy.
One day you’ll be in London meeting with our customers to explore and map out a great new way to manage their services in the cloud and the next you’ll be building out a new Microsoft platform or helping our customers identify and fix a complex performance problem. No two days are the same.
You’ll be a competent technical lead who is at the top of their game in terms of designing and provisioning the Microsoft technology stack to a DLD, being confident in dealing with server and application deployments but also be happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in to any problem that arises.
As a technical lead you will have a small number of direct reports, so experience of people management is desirable but not essential. You’ll be working with and in a much wider virtual team where everyone gets on with the job at hand and most of the role is hands on. You’ll be an escalation point for more junior members of staff and you’ll be comfortable communicating with customers, sometimes under pressure to resolve critical incidents.
In summary, we are looking for an approachable individual, who can mentor staff, provide a positive contribution; somebody who knows their way around the Microsoft estate, including Azure and O365.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you!
What this role involves…
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of the Microsoft technology stack including Azure, O365 and SharePoint.
- Good Working knowledge and experience of ESX and other virtual technologies
- Good Working knowledge and experience of SQL (on-prem & public cloud)
- Demonstrable experience of Azure and AWS and direct experience of running and migrating other workloads to public cloud services.
- Experience of infrastructure to public cloud migrations
- Experience with Citrix and/or other RDP technologies
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of MSSQL services and how they integrate with other applications and services operating as *aaS.
- A curiosity, ability and desire to learn and gain experience with technology, systems and processes that are new or fall outside your comfort zone
- Ability to capture and analyse business requirements and convert this in to a technical proposal
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP networks such that you can configure devices on multiple networks, apply and understand DNS configuration, server maintenance, patching and Windows Firewall
- Wider understanding of Microsoft applications other than those listed, UNIX based technology platforms, common technologies used to provision network services (e.g. load balancers, VPN, remote desktop) and experience of automating the provisioning, maintenance and release of infrastructure and / or applications would be looked on as extremely favourable for this role
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Appetite to learn new skills and technologies and build on what you already know
- Ability to coach and develop engineers and senior engineers and build relationships with the wider organisation
- Confidence in making decisions based on the data available and to use judgement when extensive analysis is not possible or required
- Willingness to take ownership of problems or projects and see them through to conclusion
- Enthusiasm for identifying and implementing service improvements that benefit customers and internal operating practices
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team depending on the requirements at the time
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main campus of York University (YO10), Piksel Group’s head office is home to some of the most innovative technology solutions on the planet.
We have been developing and delivering services to the Health, Media, Public Sector, Retail, and Transport sectors for nearly 20 years. We provide a mix of software, network, and infrastructure management services and have a long established capability in the management of public and private cloud, ensuring our customers not only meet but exceed their business requirements.
At Piksel, we have a history of dealing with all manner of requirements, from customers who require a simple two or three-tier solution, to those looking for high availability or time-critical systems. The main thing is, we enjoy engaging with our customers, discovering their needs and designing and delivering services so they have one less thing to worry about.
So, if technology is your thing and you like to see it used to enable companies to work in new and exciting ways, then we’d love to hear from you.
We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.