We are looking for Group Head of Financial Accounting in our York office to oversee the financial accounting function for the Piksel Group.
You'll be working with colleagues in the Finance Department to ensure an accurate and efficient service to the wider organisation. Working with senior stakeholders within the business, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall financial reporting and record keeping within Piksel Group. Supporting the VP of Finance with strategic accounting and planning objectives, this role assists with creating effective and cost-efficient financial procedures.
What this role involves…
- Management Reporting Function:
- Management of month-end close and global reporting process
- Timely and accurate monthly reporting on position and performance to Board
- Assisting the FP&A team in providing value added analysis and commercial insight to stakeholders
- Systems and Processes:
- Lead the continued improvement of financial processes, internal controls, and systems
- Ownership of global accounting ledgers to ensure transactional integrity
- Group and Intercompany:
- Consolidation of group results including elimination of inter-company activity
- Management of service fees analysis and invoicing
- Reconciliation of inter-company accounts and liaison with the head of accounting operations for each entity
- Statutory Reporting Function:
- Managing the accounts preparation and statutory audit of the European group, including dealing with auditors’ queries.
- Management of VAT Return analysis and filing
- Preparation and filing of dormant accounts for the dormant entities.
- Cash Flow and Treasury Function:
- Timely and accurate reporting of global cash flow, including preparing and analysing detailed forecast models
- Management of the group treasury function, including management of commercial financing
- Working capital management including payments authorisation
- Provision of assistance to Payroll Administrator on technical issues including P11Ds and PSA
What we’ll need you to bring…
- ACA/ACCA qualified with a practice background
- Experience of multi-company, multi-currency group financial accounting and management
- Proven experience of Financial accounting and management
- Experience of using specialised financial systems
- High level of confidentiality and sensitivity around confidential data
- Display drive and initiative in problem solving
- Works well in an agile environment, adapting priorities regularly to suit business needs
- Understanding of how to balance the conflicting needs of multiple stakeholders, and deliver against them
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, and ability to work efficiently independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- High level of numeracy ability
- Ability to learn how to use specialised financial systems
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
What we’ll give you in return…
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10). Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. We deliver successful, cutting edge technology solutions to clients of all sizes from a variety of industries. For almost 20 years, we’ve been a highly trusted business partner, creating innovative solutions that drive revenue, reduce costs and improve services.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. Piksel is a true powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Please apply below if you'd like to find out more.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.