Piksel designs, builds, develops and manages successful technology solutions to clients of all sizes across different sectors, such as Media & Broadcast, Telco & Utilities, Public Sector, Transportation, Healthcare, Retail and start-ups. Headquartered in New York City, Piksel offices can be found throughout Europe and the Americas, serving more than 1,600 clients in over 50 countries.
We are looking for a IT Security Specialist for one of our most prestigious clients, an international research center based in Italy.
The successful candidate will need to be able to support both daily operations for relevant services and contribute to the execution of new projects.
- Switching Technologies (Particularly for Cisco), layer 2 network design. CCNA level certification from Cisco or any other networking vendor demonstrating knowledge on the switching area of networking.
- Routing Technologies. Dynamic routing protocols, layer 3 network design.
- Firewalling Technologies (Particularly for Cisco systems)
- Reverse proxy Technologies (Particularly for F5 systems)
- Network protocol services (NTP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP…)
- Network Security techniques and technologies.
- IDS/IPS Network intrusion detection technologies.
- VPN standards and technologies
- Network logging systems (Syslog and SIEM log correlation applications)
- System administration of Linux servers (RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and others).
- Wi-Fi Technologies (Particularly for Cisco products)
- UTM (Unified Thread Management equipment, in particular for Sophos
- Network Access Control systems (NAC).
- Operating and monitoring of infrastructure, systems, and servers.
- Dual Factor authentication systems (token and radius servers)
- SSL VPN Technologies (Particularly for Juniper systems)
- Network Quality of Service techniques and technologies.
- Incident handling, problem handling: analysis and resolution, problem definition, analysis and resolution: preliminary diagnosis of software and hardware problems, co-ordination with the central IT departments;
- Drafting technical content for knowledge base for use of upstream support teams;
- Evaluation and implementation of security standards;
- Handling of backups and restore operations of systems & infrastructure;
- Microsoft Active Directory, Windows XP, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Windows 7;
- ITIL service management framework;
- Administration of server virtualization platforms (VMware vSphere Enterprise)
- LAN technologies, TCP/IP protocol.
- Good communications skills in English and good knowledge of Italian.
- Willing to work in a busy team where learning new skills is essential.
- Professional attitude and service-oriented attitude.
- Availability to work outside working hours and to be part of an on-call schema.
- Capacity to share the knowledge with the other members of the team.
- Ability to work both in service mode for delivery of daily operations and in project mode for the introduction of new service elements.
- More than 10 years of relevant professional experience
We offer a full-time contract of 6 months (with possible extensions) and a salary commensurate to the professional background.
Location: Ispra (VA), Italy.