We’re looking for an experienced Client Director to join our Retail Cloud team.
As Client Director, you will ensure outstanding delivery to our clients, build our profile in the market and create new opportunities. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, diverse Company, already working on leading edge technology solutions, for exceptional Clients.
The Client Director’s primary role is to successfully manage and grow a strategic relationship with Clients, accelerate successful delivery of professional services and managed services, establish and manage the Client account from both a strategic and tactical level, rapidly becoming trusted adviser to their Clients.
The role will be within the Retail Cloud Team, who are the retail arm of the Piksel organisation, and will be working with high street retail brands.
What this role involves…
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Client’s business and technical strategies necessary to create an overall account strategy that results in the Retail Cloud Teams selling and delivering it’s technology product and services to help the customer successfully meet their goals and objectives
- Grow overall revenue and margin, developing and executing account planning, setting of targets, financial forecasting and reporting.
- Manage the end to end sales cycle process for Clients, leading proposals and solution development process, and providing leadership during the delivery process to ensure escalations, communications and issue resolution happen as smoothly as possible
- Engage with Clients at both strategic and operational levels and be the demonstrable lead person for all Client engagements
- Demonstrate the value and business benefits of the complete range of the Retail Cloud Teams solutions
- Identify, build and maintain senior level executive relationships within target accounts and key technology partners to ensure we have the proper support, coordination, visibility and growth opportunities in place.
- Assume a lead role across the Retail Cloud Teams functional teams to deliver Client specific service solutions, as required.
- Develop relationships and “open lines of communication” within the Retail Cloud Team and Client’s strategic partners, to drive joint business opportunities and successful project delivery
- Build awareness across all Piksel internal stakeholders to ensure Client and sector challenges are built into our Product Roadmap.
- Operate proactively at a senior level within accounts in support of business opportunities and provide maximum exposure and credibility in exploiting the opportunities identified
- Build strong working relationships with Piksel’s Services and Product resources, to ensure effective and profitable use is made of the products and services being proposed and sold.
- Function as the primary point of contact for Client’s Senior sponsors and establish regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings to ensure continued awareness and support of Piksel’s primary initiatives.
- Participate with the Piksel Executive Leadership Team, building initial client relationships during the sales process, and ongoing Client engagement.
- Work with Client and Retail Cloud Team to prioritize and monitor ongoing work, while leading communication with the Senior Client sponsors at all stages
- Negotiate and resolve disputes relating to the Retail Cloud Teams scope of work and manage client expectations, independently of Piksel involvement
- Effective management of Client opportunity pipeline, ensuring it’s used for opportunity tracking, target achievement and accurate forecasting. Keep customer information accurate, comprehensive and up to date on all internal systems
- Demonstrate Commercial Awareness through the effective use of the Client’s published financial information, and ensure that proposed value propositions and ROI proposals meet the Client’s aspirations.
- Maintain account plans, and participate in regular account reviews, including account health, opportunities, and challenges
- Extensive time working in technology with experience across services related account management, sales and/or business development
- Experience of selling high value services to retail organisation
- Ideally have a background in the following disciplines - delivery and support of complex high value professional and managed services for cloud and on prem solutions including
- Relevant domain expertise and customer experiences within the technology areas of retail an advantage
- Ideally have established relationships within the industry at executive level
- Excellent track record of meeting or exceeding growth targets, and other financial account related targets
- Understanding of both product and solution selling and proven ability to bring together technical, Client and Partner resources
- Ability to lead cross functional teams through complex sales and delivery cycles
- Exceptional verbal, written, and communication skills
- Self-starter, with strong organisation, time management, and prioritisation skills
- Able to make compelling presentations to an audience of diverse business and technology stakeholders.
- Proven track record of selling and managing the delivery of complex technology services/platforms circa £5M+.
- Experienced in contract and commercial negotiations
- History of establishing, expanding and closing complex, high value £1M+ service engagements.
- Minimum 10 years commercial experience of the delivery of complex, multi-platform Client environments, relevant to Piksel Services.
- Management of budgets and commercial and service delivery KPI targets.
- Leadership - bidding and executing contracts
- Proven experience in influencing and C level stakeholder management skills,
- Technical background within cloud and on prem infrastructure services including Office 365
Qualifications and Training
- IT related Degree, or equivalent
- Programme Management.
Strategic account planning
Travel and out-of-hours
- Occasional travel and/or work on
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in Mayfair, Central London (W1J) - a short walk from Green Park Tube Station - Piksel’s London office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. We deliver successful, cutting edge technology solutions to clients of all sizes from a variety of industries. For almost 20 years, we’ve been a highly trusted business partner, creating innovative solutions that drive revenue, reduce costs and improve services.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. Piksel is a true powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Please apply below if you'd like to find out more.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.