We’re looking for a talented Lead QA Automation Engineer to join our Foundation squad. The Foundation squad is a multi-disciplinary squad tasked with the development and maintenance of the core platform elements and common services of the Piksel Palette solution.
This is a great opportunity to join a talented and progressive squad that celebrates success and acknowledges failure. The successful candidates will join a challenging and fast paced agile environment where their contributions to all phases of the SDLC will be valued and encouraged.
What this role involves...
- Leading Quality Assurance for squad deliveries to ensure quality is maintained throughout the continuous delivery pipeline
- Championing quality through identifying areas of weakness within our applications Owning Product Quality by defining a clear test strategy with a consistent and structured approach
- Planning, assigning and monitoring all QA activities and reporting progress to the wider squad
- Joining a QA guild that reaches across the company, sharing knowledge and contributing to the global test strategy.
- Automating tests to run in our continuous delivery pipeline
- Developing and maintaining our test automation framework.
- Going that extra mile to improve quality.
- Extensive Quality Assurance experience in a lead position
- Knowledge of the current trends and latest advancements in automated test approaches
- Understanding of testing methodologies (Integration Testing, System Testing, UAT, etc.)
- Commercial experience automating software tests with Cucumber
- Experience testing RESTful APIs
- Good comprehension of test and defect management
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Able to provide regular direction, mentoring, and coaching to QA team members Desire to deliver quality assured, highly scalable features
- Commercial experience with a mircoservices architecture
- Experience working in a DevOps team
- Exposure to the agile development process Scrum/Kanban
- Understanding of the complexities and challenges when testing Kappa or Lambda architectures
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4 and Virgin Media’s Horizon Go - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.