We are currently looking for a senior technical AWS/Linux Engineer with a range of Internet-facing hosting experience, to be based in our York office.
We require someone who is keen and enthusiastic and has a broad understanding of enterprise infrastructure and application architecture, who can play a key part in supporting cutting edge technology solutions.
This role will involve the daily management of current infrastructure plus the deployment of new infrastructure and application platforms. This will often require substantial customer liaison and some project work. Engineers are expected to have excellent technical skills in addition to project and commercial skills.
What this role involves…
- Ensuring the availability and functionality of customer systems and infrastructure, to agreed levels of service, by pro-actively monitoring, maintaining and upgrading these systems
- Management of an incident ticket stack and individual ticket progress for their customers, with the expectation that incidents are resolved within the terms of an SLA
- Managing the timely and successful resolution of all requests coming in from customers relating to the service
- Collaborating with fellow engineers to quickly and efficiently expedite the resolution of issues. This includes incident management, change management and problem management
- Providing capacity, availability and service continuity management for customer systems and infrastructure
- Provide on-call and out-of-hours support
- Provide technical resource for new infrastructure projects from design to commissioning
- Deployment of infrastructure and application platforms within AWS
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Has a broad level of knowledge over a broad spectrum of technologies including operating systems, networking, web technologies, databases, enterprise systems management, AWS
- Strong skills in AWS, Kubernetes, docker and Linux operating systems, including installation, configuration and support.
- Installation and administration of database platforms e.g Percona Cluster, MySQL
- Strong working knowledge of Web Server technologies e.g. Apache, Tomcat, JVM
- Good working knowledge of Load balancing and caching technologies and solutions
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP networks, routing, switching and the ability to perform troubleshooting of connectivity issues.
- Good working knowledge of VMware/ESX management.
- Backup & recovery experience essential
- Exposure to different Firewall technologies
- Scripting languages such as perl, python, bash, ruby
- Good communication skills
- At least 5 years Commercial experience
- ITIL awareness would be desirable
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel Group’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4, as well as partnering with companies like Discovery, Endemol and Liberty Global - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.