Our Managed Service team, specialising in application and infrastructure management and implementation is looking to recruit an experienced Senior MSSQL Server DBA with experience in data architecture and service improvement.
This role will require both database administration and database development skills and will involve the management of client systems and deployment of new platforms.
What this role involves…
- Ensuring the availability and functionality of customer systems and infrastructure, to agreed levels of service, by pro-actively monitoring, maintaining and upgrading these systems
- Management of an incident ticket stack and individual ticket progress for customers, with the expectation that incidents are resolved within the terms of an SLA
- Managing the timely and successful resolution of all requests coming in from customers relating to the service
- Collaborating with fellow engineers to quickly and efficiently expedite the resolution of issues. This includes incident management, change management and problem management
- Providing capacity, availability and service continuity management for customer systems and infrastructure
Provide on-call and out-of-hours support
What we’ll need you to bring…
- In depth SQL Server Database Administration experience
- A broad understanding of SQL features such as AlwaysOn Availability Groups, Clustering, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- Experience of multiple versions of SQL Server from 2008 through to 2017
- Ability to write complex T-SQL queries and PowerShell scripting
- Disaster recovery and high availability solutions
- Performance tuning
- Excellent problem solving and fault resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of one or more cloud data solutions on Azure and/or AWS such as Azure SQL
- Experience of analytics, data development, data architecture and service improvement would be advantageous
- A can-do attitude to other technologies with the ability to research, learn and deploy new systems which sit outside of your comfort zone
- Microsoft SQL qualifications
- Operating system and hardware knowledge
- Storage management knowledge and experience (including San, Raid, Lake and Blob storage)
- Database and infrastructure design
- Strong Experience with full BI Stack
- Further cloud experience around Stretch databases, Archiving and Partitioning
- Out of hours and on call support experience
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European and head office is home to some of the most innovative technology solutions on the Planet.
We have been developing and delivering services to the Health, Media, Public Sector, Retail and Transport sectors for nearly 20 years. We provide a mix of software, network and infrastructure management services and have a long established capability in the management of public and private cloud, ensuring our customers not only meet, but exceed their business requirements.
At Piksel, we have a history of dealing with all manner of requirements, from customers who require a simple two or three tier solution, to those looking for high availability or time critical systems. The main thing is, we enjoy engaging with our customers, discovering their needs and designing and delivering services so they have one less thing to worry about.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.