have an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Engineer to join our team
engaged in the research, design, and systems engineering of our platform, as
well as promoting automation and a DevOps culture.
alongside a group of dedicated colleagues you will define and maintain
processes and solutions to enable the deployment of features quickly and safely
into production. With your contribution, platforms are scalable and autonomous,
releases go live automatically with zero downtime, and platforms are secure.
What this role involves...
- Help with the continued development of appropriate DevOps strategy, processes, and tooling decisions
- Leading and guiding the team towards an engineering productivity mindset
- Supporting the requirements of the development teams for the growth of the application platform
- Maintaining, supporting and continuously improving the various infrastructure platforms
- Automating the configuration and provisioning of environments through CI/CD tooling
- Facilitating and promoting a ‘You build it, you run it’ engineering culture
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Experience of leading a team in a DevOps environment for a medium or large organisation
- Good working knowledge of the major cloud vendors e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure
- A wealth of experience in a variety of open source technologies and tools e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Git, Python, Docker, Kafka
- Containerisation and container scheduler experience e.g. Mesos, Kubernetes, ECS/EKS
- Strong communication skills, including influencing and negotiation
- Knowledge of monitoring and log manipulation solutions e.g.Elastic Search, Kibana, Dynatrace, Graphite/Grafana
- An understanding of the benefits and difficulties of distributed systems and event driven solutions
- A passion for infrastructure as code and delivery excellence
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- A culture of knowledge sharing
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4 and Virgin Media’s Horizon Go - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.