Working in the Industry Solutions Group, the AWS Technical Architect works as part of a multi-disciplined, client-facing service consulting team, working with global organisations on major accounts.
Collaborating with other Piksel delivery and support teams, you will take a leading role in defining architectures to support go-to-market strategies, and in supporting new clients and services from an early stage of discovery through to handover into ongoing Managed Services.
Often leading an implementation team, the AWS Technical Architect will perform a hands-on role in architectural design and implementation and will be considered the subject matter expert in the relevant AWS services. You will also support new business development activities including pre-sales, early discovery, design and producing resource/cost estimates, and contributing technical content for proposals, presenting solutions to Client organisations up to board level.
What this role involves…
- Delivery of high quality technical solutions to meet client requirements
- Seeking out new technologies and features and introducing those that deliver additional value
- Translation of client business requirements into proof-of-concepts and deliverable designs for implementation teams
- Design and implementation consultancy for client and internal teams
- Working with commercial teams to respond to RFIs and RFPs
- Presenting up to C-level, articulating how technical solutions deliver business value
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful web delivery platforms
- Hands-on experience with a range of AWS services - primarily the Compute, Storage, Database, Networking, and Security service groups
- Experience migrating enterprise applications into AWS and rearchitecting to exhibit more cloud-native qualities
- Good understanding of Linux and Java based OS and application stacks
- Solid grasp of Agile and DevOps principles
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect to at least Associate level
- Proficient with at least one IAC tool (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation) and one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby) in a production environment
- A passion for technology; for innovating; for teaching and influencing others
- Always striving for the highest level of quality and customer satisfaction
- Always looking for innovative and disruptive ways to improve
If you have the relevant technical experience, strategic knowledge, and client-management skills, then we can offer you an exciting role, great package and some fantastic benefits.
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- Massive growth opportunities and the chance to work on some high profile projects
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
- A competitive package and all the benefits you’d expect from a caring employer
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4 and Virgin Media’s Horizon Go - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
We're really proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.