We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who has AWS, CI/CD and video delivery experience, to join our Broadcast & Media team and be based onsite in a national UK broadcaster location in London.
Piksel has been delivering online video solutions since the birth of the online video space – for over 15 years some of the world’s biggest broadcasters have trusted us to provide them with the solutions they need to deliver on their business objectives while supplying the best experience to their customers.
What this role involves:
- Working with client teams to deliver cloud-based solutions.
- Have a deep technical understanding of AWS and deployment pipelines; enabling value add when working with and on boarding projects.
- Evaluate security level of, and work to harden the platform.
- Applicants must have a confident, diplomatic approach and a professional attitude towards work, they will streamline and maintain the build and release processes for the customer's Website and Video on Demand solutions, ensuring the fastest possible turnaround while maintaining a high level of release and service quality.
- To have hands-on experience of or knowledge in configuration and release management processes and to have an understanding of how software design and development methods are applied.
- Experience or interest in delivering robust, high quality code release packages that conform to best practices is essential.
- Ensuring continuous improvement within the team.
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Automation and Configuration Management in an Enterprise public cloud environment.
- DevOps and CI/CD Pipeline experience and knowledge of principles and implementation.
- Experience of Cloud Computing (must include AWS) within a corporate setting.
- CI tools: Bamboo, Jenkins.
- VCS tools: Gitlab, Git, Subversion.
- Provisioning and CM tools: Ansible, Chef, Terraform.
- Containerisation and Container Scheduler implementation: Docker, ECS/EKS/Fargate, Swarm mode, Nomad, Kubernetes.
- RedHat / Centos or Debian / Ubuntu Linux administration.
- CDN’s and load balancers.
- Python and bash scripting experience.
- Java Development (nice to have but not essential).
- SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience of working with project delivery teams and thus an understanding of project methodologies e.g. Agile.
- Good communication skills and a can-do attitude are essential.
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in Mayfair, Central London (W1J) - a short walk from Green Park Tube Station - Piksel’s London office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. We deliver successful, cutting edge technology solutions to clients of all sizes from a variety of industries. For almost 20 years, we’ve been a highly trusted business partner, creating innovative solutions that drive revenue, reduce costs and improve services.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. Piksel is a true powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Please apply below or contact Ben Coupland if you'd like to find out more.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.