We are looking to recruit a Technical Lead to become a key technical expert within Piksel, working as a technical authority for a managed service team.
You'll be responsible for ensuring that the team is meeting customer SLAs and applies technical innovation in order to achieve this. You will be working with colleagues, other Piksel teams and customers to deliver a high quality managed service and also supporting internal Piksel infrastructure to deliver excellent levels of availability.
This is a hands-on role that requires deep technical knowledge and the ability to apply this to constantly evolve the services offered, working in conjunction with the Technical Architects.
What this role involves…
- Day to day management of the Firewall and Network operations team.
- Ensuring that customer solutions are monitored and managed accordingly so that customer SLAs are met.
- Be the go to person for other support teams with issues/queries and an escalation point for the Firewall and Networks operations team
- Resource management/prioiritisation within the team for project work
- Create a great customer impression of the company’s technical skills, dedication, method and approach
- Play a key role in supporting the company’s work to introduce and refine an approach and process for design, development and product support including continuous delivery and DevOps
- Support and develop a team in line with Piksel’s people strategy
What we’ll need you to bring…
- A developed technical skillset, with ability to work with limited supervision
- The ability to work productively on a diverse range of activities
- A thorough understanding of core network and security principles
- In-depth knowledge of mainitaing and deploying Checkpoint and Cisco (ASA and Firepower) Next Generation firewall solutions on recent software versions, and Meraki Cloud Managed firewalls
- Deep understanding of switched, routed, and wireless networks running on multi vendor hardware, idealing including Cisco/Brocade and Extreme
- Key routed network technologies including IGPs, BGP, MPLS, L2VPN/L3VPN
- Experience of Cloud Connectivity products including AWS DirectConnect and Azure ExpressRoute, and of Cloud architectural principles. Public cloud security experience is also beneficiai.
- Used to supporting ISP services including RADIUS, LNS Broadband solutions, WAN, and Ethernet services.
- Experience of network configuration automation and templating tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Experience of using monitoring/trending solutions such as Observium and the ELK stack
- Familiarity working in data centre environments
- Experience of Arbor Peakflow an advantage
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions and delegate where appropriate
- Good understanding of architecture and design, different methods and their pros/cons and uses and keeping up to date with new technologies
- Maintains good awareness of relevant industry trends
- Sets and insists on the highest standards – and continually improves
- Demonstrates passion in technical work, and seeks to learn more
- Open mindedness, embraces profitable diversity
- Takes the initiative and can be work autonomously when required
- Able to see bigger picture and map out a constantly evolving vision for the progression of the team and its services
- Well organised and accomplishes work in a timely manner
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main campus of York University (YO10), Piksel Group’s head office is home to some of the most innovative technology solutions on the planet.
We have been developing and delivering services to the Health, Media, Public Sector, Retail, and Transport sectors for nearly 20 years. We provide a mix of software, network, and infrastructure management services and have a long established capability in the management of public and private cloud, ensuring our customers not only meet but exceed their business requirements.
At Piksel, we have a history of dealing with all manner of requirements, from customers who require a simple two or three-tier solution, to those looking for high availability or time-critical systems. The main thing is, we enjoy engaging with our customers, discovering their needs and designing and delivering services so they have one less thing to worry about.
So, if technology is your thing and you like to see it used to enable companies to work in new and exciting ways, then we’d love to hear from you.
We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.