We are looking for an experienced Media Solutions Architect who will play a key role in shaping our client’s technology strategy, by applying their expertise in strategic technology architecture within the Broadcast and Media domain.
You’ll have a brilliant understanding of the media technology landscape, including how to best shape the services our clients require; focusing on digital transformation, media pipelines, micro-services, public cloud technologies (specifically AWS).
Working as part of a multi-disciplined, client facing cloud-consulting team, you will be based primarily in our client premises in central London with future opportunity for travel abroad. The key focus will be on the design and delivery of public cloud based media solutions, leveraging Agile and DevOps working practices to drive continuous delivery and automation.
What does this role involve?
- 60% delivery / project focused
- 20% pre-sales / business dev. with Clients
- 20% pre-sales / business dev. on other accounts
- Hands-on architectural design of complex cloud solutions
- Leading working alongside a DevOps teams to deliver success iteratively using Agile methodologies
- Prototyping potential solutions through Proof-of-Concept and MVP implementations
- Be the customers go-to expert for cloud technology and automation initiatives Acting as an SME and technical reference point for media technology solutions both internally and externally
- Solution authoring and cost estimation
- Transitioning new client solutions into managed service
- Consultancy in proposing solutions to clients, and communicating technical information to various levels of external and internal management
- Leading the analysis, design, and implementation of changes to the technical architecture and ensure the architecture meets the requirements
- Troubleshooting challenges when they occur in a client environment or system, providing expertise on the ground
- To provide on the job technology training and knowledge transfer
What do you need to bring?
- 10+ years experience designing, building and supporting a variety of commercial, complex, enterprise systems with substantial client facing and team management experience
- 5+ years experience designing and building cloud-based enterprise systems
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing media pipelines – ingest, security, encoding, delivery.
- Deep technical skills across several Cloud and enterprise technologies
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration & Deployment principles and implementation
- Digital Transformation experience- i.e. being able to create and present a cohesive hybrid Cloud migration strategy that meets customer-specific requirements
- Expert knowledge of Automation technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Puppet
- An unwavering commitment to design, build and deployment excellence
- A track record of delivering large, complex cloud-based infrastructure projects (£1m+ budget)
- Prior experience with Container Management / Orchestration
Additionally, in the context of pre-sales / business development?
- Spending 40% time on non-delivery tasks
- Spending 20% developing pre-sales / business dev. on non-C4 accounts / opportunities
- Spending 20% leading pre-sales / business dev. within Channel 4
- Building high-level relationships with key staff (CTO, Controller of Systems Delivery, Head of All 4 + Head of Product)
- Leading POC initiatives reporting to key staff (CTO + Controller of System Delivery)
- Be the technical authority for the client
- Lead pre-sales consultancy + efforts
What will we give you in return?
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivaled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
Located in Mayfair, Central London (W1J) - a short walk from Green Park Tube Station - Piksel’s London office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. We deliver successful, cutting edge technology solutions to clients of all sizes from a variety of industries. For almost 20 years, we’ve been a highly trusted business partner, creating innovative solutions that drive revenue, reduce costs and improve services.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. Piksel is a true powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.