We are looking for an Agile Delivery Manager to work within our Broadcast and Media team in York.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working across different development teams in an Agile environment, across the full project life cycle. They will be working with development teams ensuring relevant techniques are followed, acting as a mentor and coach on best practices to ensure that the teams get maximum output of the benefits of Agile development methodologies.
The Nature of this role is Servant-leader; leading the team in Agile techniques and ways to collaborate across teams/business. Serving to help remove impediments impacting the development teams so they can focus on delivery.
What this role involves...
- Delivery of projects and products using the appropriate Agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Leading the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Ensuring all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
- Actively participating in the sharing and re-applying of skills, tools and knowledge and bringing in best practice
- Ensuring effective communication across the programme, working closely with other stakeholders
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team
- Identifying and managing project technical risks and inter work stream dependencies
- Responsible for harbouring a collaborative environment
What we'll need you to bring...
- Familiar with Agile Development Methods, Techniques and Standards - Organised and documented sets of techniques, intended to facilitate the structured development of applications. Examples: Agile, Scrum, Kanban.
- Experience Communicating with multiple stakeholders across the business
What would be desirable...
- Experience working as a Scrum Master / Agile coach in an Agile environment
- Experience of dealing with conflict resolution within an Agile delivery team, facilitating mediations sessions when need arises
- Responsible for shielding the Agile teams from board or project level pressures to ensure they remain focused on delivering the committed tasks
- Reacting to changing deadlines or priorities and absorbing them into the backlog where possible to satisfy stakeholders whilst maintaining velocity
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, reduced cycle time and task definition
- Experience working with multi-disciplined development teams including DevOps
- Experience working Continuous Integration and/or delivery
- Certification ScrumMaster® Certification (CSM)
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel Group’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4, as well as partnering with companies like Discovery, Endemol and Liberty Global - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.