We’re currently looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join our busy team in York.
We operate a 24/7 - 365 support function for both internal and external customers; our team of 9 analysts support around 200 internal users based at our York Head Office, as well as a variety of global IT infrastructures that we manage for our customers. This means we’re a busy, fast-paced team that deal with a wide variety of 1st Line technical software and hardware issues.
First and foremost, you’ll need to be highly customer focused and have a genuine passion for IT. We’ll also need you to be a confident communicator who’s equally at home on e-mail, phone or in person; you’ll be customer facing and will have a real passion for creating consistently awesome outcomes for both internal and external users.
Please note we run a shift pattern between the hours of 7am - 11pm.
What this role involves…
- Dealing with people at all levels of our business via telephone and Email.
- A logical and structured approach in your thinking would be helpful, as well as being able to carefully follow policy and procedure to methodically handle/resolve issues.
- Performing management of the service desk queues to ensure end user expectations are met, alongside our Service Level Agreements
- Taking ownership of your own tickets and seeing them through to completion within agreed timescales
- Escalation of service issues to appropriate support teams.
What we’ll need you to bring…
A knowledge and/or experience of the following would be beneficial, however full training is provided – You just need the hunger to learn!
- Windows Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- Messaging and Exchange
- It would great if you’ve worked in an IT Service Desk/Help Desk environment and have knowledge of formal structured IT service management processes (eg. ITIL)
- Experience of ticketing systems in a Service Desk environment.
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10). Piksel Group’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. We deliver successful, cutting edge technology solutions to clients of all sizes from a variety of industries. For almost 20 years, we’ve been a highly trusted business partner, creating innovative solutions that drive revenue, reduce costs and improve services.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. Piksel is a true powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.