We’re looking for an experienced Technical Lead to deliver our innovative Video-On-Demand solutions
You’ll be instrumental in the delivery of enterprise software projects across our client programs. If you’re highly technical, a great team player and passionate about improving delivery - then we want to hear from you!
As Technical Lead you will be responsible for implementation of large scale software solutions as the leader of an agile development team. As a team lead you will encourage and motivate the team as well as act as technical reference point for any issues they may have.
Our Technical Leads are far from just “great coders” – they work across all phases of large bespoke software development projects, knowing how to use formal methods and procedures to maximise the team’s success.
What this role involves…
- Leading the technical work streams in the project – helping translate requirements into design, design into code, and code into fully tested releases.
- Working closely with our Technical Architects to contribute and realise solution designs and architectural objectives.
- Taking ownership of an agile development team and their outputs; ensuring all code is stable, bug-free and well designed.
- Getting hands-on - Although you’ll lead the team, you’ll still spend a good portion of your time coding (Primarily in Java)
- Assisting Project Managers with short & medium term planning, flagging any issues or risks as they become visible.
- Thinking through, understanding and applying broader issues and non-functional requirements (e.g. scalability, security, maintainability & performance)
- Mentoring developers in the team and reviewing their code
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Excellent Java knowledge with prior working experience of Jetty, Tomcat, Spring, & Hibernate
- Having a good understanding of architecture and design, different methods and their pros/cons and uses,
- Experience working with a wide range of platforms
- A collaborative approach to requirements analysis and solution proposition
- Strong Object Oriented design knowledge
- Experience working In an Agile based commercial environment,
- Team management experience
- Knowledge of test automation (eg. Cucumber)
- A passion for technology and delivery excellence
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4 and Virgin Media’s Horizon Go - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.