We are currently looking for a MSSQL Data Engineer with a range of Internet-facing hosting experience, to be based in our York office on an initial 3 month contract.
The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of enterprise infrastructure and application architecture to play a key role in supporting cutting edge technology solutions for our distinguished client list.
What technical skills we are looking for…
- Experience working with SQL Server from SQL 2008 through to 2017
- A broad understanding of SQL features such as AlwaysOn Availability Groups, Clustering, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, etc
- Experience of one or more cloud data solutions on Azure and/or AWS such as Azure SQL, Stretch databases, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence.
- Experience of analytics, data development, data architecture and service improvement would be advantageous.
- Have the ability to Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain MSSQL databases in production and non-production environments.
- Carry out proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of data issues
- Provide DBA support for monitoring, backup, alerting, and security compliance solutions for SQL servers
- Experience of working with Platform as a Service SQL solutions would be desirable, AWS and Azure SQL Database
- A can-do attitude to other technologies with the ability to research, learn and deploy new systems which sit outside of your comfort zone
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Appetite to learn new skills and technologies and build on what you already know
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team depending on the current requirements
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4 and Virgin Media’s Horizon Go - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.