We’re looking for a multi-disciplined, hands-on Technical Architect
You’ll be instrumental in the delivery of enterprise software projects across our client programs. If you’re highly technical, commercially aware and passionate about improving delivery - then we want to hear from you!
As Technical Architect, you will be responsible for solution design as well as champion new technologies and approaches within the team. You’ll also need strong client-facing skills and a real passion for building relationships, both internally and externally.
What this role involves…
- Hands on architecture and development of complex enterprise level solutions
- Leading the technical team to achieve successful delivery through design and architectural definition as well as ongoing support and reference
- Identifying emerging trends or exciting new technologies and evaluating how we can deliver business value to our clients
- End to end responsibility and ownership of solutions both during development and into production
- Delivery of high quality internal and external design and solution architecture documentation
- Communication of architecture and design decisions, both internally and externally to technical and non-technical audiences
- Technically leading complex programs of change and refining best practices
- Lead and champion best practice and technical innovation within Piksel and with our clients
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Extensive experience designing and building a variety of commercial, complex, enterprise systems
- Substantial client facing and team management experience
- Experience working with a wide range of platforms i.e. not just web, but including client-server and backend integrations
- Deep technical skills across several enterprise technologies and a good breadth across many technologies
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise Java technologies - Jetty, Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Integration, virtualisation, ESB and big data technologies
- A collaborative approach to requirements analysis and solution proposition
- Strong Object Oriented design knowledge
- Big architecture experience – being able to think about multiple streams of design and how they tie together
- A strong commitment to design, build and deployment excellence
- Experience in designing and implementing multi-tier, highly concurrent and distributed internet-facing web applications
- Knowledge of test automation (eg. Cucumber)
- Exposure to Internet-scale HTTP caching solutions
- Integrating legacy applications & systems
If you have the relevant technical experience, strategic knowledge, and client-management skills, then we can offer you an exciting role, great package and some fantastic benefits.
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- Massive growth opportunities and the chance to work on some high profile projects
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
- A competitive package and all the benefits you’d expect from a caring employer
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4 and Virgin Media’s Horizon Go - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Please apply below or contact Ben Coupland if you'd like to find out more.
We're really proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.