We're looking for an experienced HR Advisor to help us drive a large scale HR transformation project that repositions the Human Resources agenda at the very heart of our business.
Piksel Group is a global technology company headquartered in York. Earlier this year we changed how we operate, moving to a new business model that involves 8 specific verticals – each one an autonomous business unit that specialises in providing IT solutions for a specific industry sector. In order to support these changes, we need to build a robust and agile HR function that can deliver added value and truly excellent customer service to 600+ employees globally.
We’re a small team that supports a large organisation, operating across multiple countries and time zones. Things move fast at Piksel and it’s our job to keep up, ensuring that the business’ needs are met; caring for our employees, supporting our managers and ensuring compliance in all of the key areas.
This is a challenging role in an environment where processes and workflows are still evolving. You’ll need to be driven, resilient and single-mindedly passionate about the importance of good HR practice. However, you’ll also get the opportunity to add tremendous value to an exciting business, making a real difference along the way.
What this role involves…
- Handling a complex HR caseload and flagging issues where necessary
- Providing guidance and support to managers and employees on equal opportunities, grievances, disciplinaries and other HR matters
- Utilising your existing knowledge to grow the HR function and to drive forward the HR agenda
- Delegating tasks within the team to ensure all deliverables are met on time
- Supporting the Head of HR with organisational change, training and delivery of new projects and initiatives.
- Co-ordinating and conducting HR inductions and exit interviews
- Developing an outstanding onboarding process for new employees
- Creating and presenting informative briefings on a range of HR related topics.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR systems, processes and practices
What we'll need you to bring...
- It’d be great If you’re qualified in CIPD or studying at level 7 (we’ll always consider equivalent experience too, of course)
- You’ll need you to have performed similar roles in the past, as you’ll be managing complex HR cases and working on streamlining our HR processes and workflows
- It probably goes without saying that you’ll be a real “people person” with awesome verbal and written communication skills.
- A drive to succeed and the ability to self-solve problems and HR issues as they come at you
- Experience in leading projects and implementing new initiatives. We’ve got loads of exciting things on the horizon
- Knowledge of UK Employment law will probably come with the territory, but if you have any global exposure that’s a definite bonus in this role too
- You’ll need to understand HR Systems pretty well. Any experience evaluating and implementing them would be valuable too
- Experience in leading teams, as well as identifying training and development needs
What we'll give you in return...
- A competitive package with all the benefits you'd expect from a caring employer
- The rare opportunity to shape & grow a HR function, making changes and implementing ideas that will improve our employee’s working lives
- The opportunity to bring your ideas to life & to make a demonstrable impact
- The chance to grow and develop your skills and knowledge base; way beyond what most companies can offer
- A flexible approach to work and a good work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European and head office is home to some of the most innovative technology solutions on the Planet.
We have been developing and delivering services to the Health, Media, Public Sector, Retail and Transport sectors for nearly 20 years. We provide a mix of software, network and infrastructure management services and have a long established capability in the management of public and private cloud, ensuring our customers not only meet but exceed their business requirements.
At Piksel, we have a history of dealing with all manner of requirements, from customers who require a simple two or three-tier solution, to those looking for high availability or time-critical systems. The main thing is, we enjoy engaging with our customers, discovering their needs and designing and delivering services so they have one less thing to worry about.
So, if technology is your thing and you like to see it used to enable companies to work in new and exciting ways, then we’d love to hear from you.
We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.