We're looking for an enthusiastic HR Assistant with a passion for people to join our UK Human Resources team on a 4 month fixed term contract
We’re a small team that supports a large organisation, operating across multiple countries and time zones. Things move fast at Piksel and it’s our job to keep up, ensuring that the business’ needs are met; caring for our employees, supporting our managers and ensuring compliance in all of the key areas.
This is a challenging role in an environment where processes and workflows are still evolving. You’ll need to be driven, resilient and single-mindedly passionate about the importance of good HR practice and process accuracy. However, you’ll also get the opportunity to add tremendous value to an exciting business, making a real difference along the way.
What this role involves…
- Assisting with day to day operations of the UK-HR team
- Ensuring that accurate employee records are maintained
- Liaising with Piksel offices overseas to support efficient information sharing
- Providing administrative support to the UK Recruitment function
- Assisting with the planning, coordination and delivery of HR projects
- Responding to employee queries, referring to the Piksel Employee Handbook and UK employment law
- Helping to optimize HR reporting and information sharing
- Producing ad-hoc management reports and working with our UK-HR systems suite
What we'll need you to bring...
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for working with and through people
- Excellent organization skills and a high level of attention to detail
- A proactive and positive attitude and an ability to tackle challenges constructively
- Hands on experience of working with large volumes of data
- A love of technology and an understanding of how it can enhance HR
- Experience of working with IT, preferably MS Office
- Previous experience of working within a HR team is highly desirable
What we'll give you in return...
- A competitive package with all the benefits you'd expect from a caring employer
- The rare opportunity to work within growing HR function, making changes and implementing ideas that will improve our employee’s working lives
- The opportunity to bring your ideas to life & to make a demonstrable impact
- The chance to grow and develop your skills and knowledge base; way beyond what most companies can offer
- A flexible approach to work and a good work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European and head office is home to some of the most innovative technology solutions on the Planet.
We have been developing and delivering services to the Health, Media, Public Sector, Retail and Transport sectors for nearly 20 years. We provide a mix of software, network and infrastructure management services and have a long established capability in the management of public and private cloud, ensuring our customers not only meet but exceed their business requirements.
At Piksel, we have a history of dealing with all manner of requirements, from customers who require a simple two or three-tier solution, to those looking for high availability or time-critical systems. The main thing is, we enjoy engaging with our customers, discovering their needs and designing and delivering services so they have one less thing to worry about.
So, if technology is your thing and you like to see it used to enable companies to work in new and exciting ways, then we’d love to hear from you.
We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.