We’re looking for a Technical Lead to lead an agile team, who are focused on delivering innovative Video-On-Demand solutions using Linux, AWS, KVM and Java, to join our team in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
You’ll be instrumental in the delivery of multi million enterprise software projects across our client delivery and professional services teams for leading clients in the Netherlands. If you’re highly technical, commercially aware and passionate about improving delivery - then we want to hear from you!
What this role involves…
- Owning the technical delivery of key ITSM functions
- Managing the successful technical resolution of incidents through to completion
- Combining technical awareness with commercial understanding and context
- Acting on any opportunities to improve the way that the platform/technology is delivered to the customer
- Being a formal point of escalation for team and customer
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Strong and highly credible technical and non-technical skills
- Experienced management skills and leadership qualities
- Experience with Linux, AWS, KVM, Java and datacenter technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a hands on approach
- Management of technical functions within an ITSM environment, ideallyITIL
- Highly motivated and passionate leader
- Exposure to any of the following technologies: Cloud/Virtualisation (AWSin particular), UNIX/Linux, Scripting, Java
- Prior technical/team lead experience and extensive experience of working in an Enterprise Operations or DevOps environment
- ITIL knowledge is beneficial but not essential
- Good communication skills and can-do attitude
If you have the relevant technical experience, strategic knowledge and client-management skills, then we can offer you an exciting role, great package and some fantastic benefits.
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- Massive growth opportunities and the chance to work on some high profile projects
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
- A competitive package and all the benefits you’d expect from a caring employer
- A possibility to apply for 30% ruling for expats in the Netherlands
This role is home based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, one of Europe’s finest and technology driven capitals. Our HQ is located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University in the United Kingdom, Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4, as well as partnering with companies like Discovery, Endemol and Liberty Global - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris, Milan and now also Amsterdam. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
Please apply below or contact Andres Boot if you'd like to find out more.
We're really proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.