Piksel is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like All 4, Channel 4’s award-winning digital platform, as well as partnering with companies like Discovery, Sky and Liberty Global - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer – Based in Milan or Catania - that will support will support the team in charge of developing the Piksel Video Analytics platform and Content Protection team. This platform is currently deployed in AWS.
- To have hands-on experience of or knowledge in configuration and release management processes and to have an understanding of how software design and development methods are applied.
- To have a confident, diplomatic approach and a professional attitude towards work, they will streamline and maintain the build and release processes for the customer's Website and Video on Demand solutions, ensuring the fastest possible turnaround while maintaining a high level of release and service quality.
- Experience in delivering robust, high quality code release packages that conform to best practices is essential.
- Experience with high volume web platforms.
- Experience in Linux systems administration.
- Experience in software development (not essential), and experience of working with project delivery teams and thus an understanding of project methodologies e.g. Agile and/or Kanban.
- A good knowledge of ITIL is beneficial but not essential.
- Good communication skills and a can-do attitude are vital
Skills & Attributes
- RedHat, Centos or Debian Linux administration
- Experience of working with CI/CD tools e.g. jenkins/bamboo/go/teamcity
- J2EE Application Server configuring, deployment and troubleshooting
- Administration and configuration of basic UNIX applications (e.g. Apache, DNS, Sendmail).
- Basic understanding of Cache devices and load balancers
- Script or Code Development e.g. able to write simple programs or pieces of code in Java/Python/Perl or bash
- Knowledge/experience of build automation tools/scripting, e.g. Maven, rake, ant, gradle, etc (desirable)
- Ant – creating and managing build scripts
- Subversion/Git – repository management and knowledge
- Continuous Integration & Deployment – working knowledge of principles
- Understands ITIL release and support processes
- SQL and basic database administration
- Good knowledge on the English language is mandatory
We are offering a permanent positions; Grading and salary commensurate with the professional background
Please apply below or contact Cristina Cozzi if you'd like to find out more.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.