We’re looking for a QA Automation Lead to coordinate testing in our Product Delivery team in York.
As a key player in a fast moving DevOps orientated testing environment, you’ll work as part of a focused team using the latest automation techniques.
What this role involves…
- Fully understanding our product goals and creating QA Strategy
- Ability to assess and deploy the correct approach to automation testing for each project
- Responsible for both the technical direction of the testing and the overall approach, including step definition and feature file specification.
- Responsible for inputting to the global test strategy and for being part of the overall QA community, sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Planning, assigning and monitoring QA activities
- Responsible for all automated functional, regression, load, ad-hoc and compatibility testing
- Liaising and negotiating with the product engineering and management over requirements, defects, timescales and estimates
- Responsible for creating a set of tests that will fully prove the quality of the system throughout the pipeline
- Reporting progress of testing accurately and be able to present this effectively to the wider team
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Extensive Quality Assurance experience
- Knowledge of the current trends and latest advancements in automated test approaches
- Able to provide regular direction, mentoring, and coaching to QA team members
- Thorough understanding of software development methods and techniques
- Able to demonstrate considerable knowledge of automation techniques and their application
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence both internal clients and the wider team
- Enthusiastic and energetic; relishes the pace and pressure of large software development projects
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4, as well as partnering with companies like Discovery, Endemol and Liberty Global - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.