We’re looking for a multi-disciplined, hands-on Technical Architect to join our team in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Our Architects are vital enablers to the Piksel business plan. They understand our market and our strategy, acting in ways that help translate that strategy into reality. You’ll be instrumental in delivery of enterprise software projects across our client delivery and professional services teams for leading clients in the Netherlands. If you’re highly technical, commercially aware and passionate about improving delivery - then we want to hear from you!
As Technical Architect, you’ll also motivate and mentor developers, identifying capability gaps and addressing them in a proactive way. You’ll also need strong client-facing skills and a real passion for building relationships, both internally and externally.
What this role involves…
- Hands on architecting and developing complex web applications
- Leading the technical team to achieve successful delivery (on budget, on date and on spec)
- Acting as a trusted partner to high profile customers and helping win significant new business (£1m+ in value)
- Identifying emerging trends or exciting new technologies
- Being a “go-to” technical resource for Client Directors, Project Managers and clients
- Communication of architecture and design decisions, both internally and externally
- Managing programs of change and refining best practices
- Role-modelling a strong respect for software engineering disciplines
- Diagnosing complex technical environments; spotting problems quickly and providing credible solutions
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Extensive time spent designing & building complex, commercial enterprise systems
- Substantial customer and team management experience
- Experience working with a wide range of platforms
- A collaborative approach to requirements analysis and solution proposition
- Strong Object Oriented design knowledge
- Big architecture experience – being able to think about multiple streams of design and how they tie together
- A strong commitment to design, build and deployment excellence
- Excellent Java knowledge with prior working experience of Jetty, Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, MVC, CXF and MuleESB
- Experience in designing and implementing multi-tier, highly concurrent and distributed internet-facing web applications
- Knowledge of test automation (eg. Cucumber)
- Exposure to Internet-scale HTTP caching solutions
- Integrating legacy applications & systems
If you have the relevant technical experience, strategic knowledge and client-management skills, then we can offer you an exciting role, great package and some fantastic benefits.
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- Massive growth opportunities and the chance to work on some high profile projects
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
- A competitive package and all the benefits you’d expect from a caring employer
- A possibility to apply for 30% ruling for expats in the Netherlands
This role is home based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, one of Europe’s finest and technology driven capitals. Our HQ is located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University in the United Kingdom, Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4, as well as partnering with companies like Discovery, Endemol and Liberty Global - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris, Milan and now also Amsterdam. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
Please apply below or contact Andres Boot if you'd like to find out more.
We're really proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.