We’re looking for a Technical Lead to lead to lead an agile team, who are focused on delivering innovative Video-On-Demand solutions using Linux, AWS, KVM and Java.
What this role involves…
- Owning the technical delivery of key ITSM functions.
- Managing the successful technical resolution of incidents through to completion.
- Combining technical awareness with commercial understanding and context.
- Acting on any opportunities to improve the way that the platform/technology is delivered to the customer.
- Being a formal point of escalation for team and customer.
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Strong and highly credible technical and non-technical skills.
- Experienced management skills and leadership qualities.
- Experience with Linux, AWS, KVM, Java and datacenter technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a hands on approach.
- Management of technical functions within an ITSM environment, ideallyITIL.
- Highly motivated and passionate leader.
- Exposure to any of the following technologies: Cloud/Virtualisation (AWSin particular), UNIX/Linux, Scripting, Java.
- Prior technical/team lead experience and extensive experience of working in an Enterprise Operations or DevOps environment.
- ITIL knowledge is beneficial but not essential.
- Good communication skills and can-do attitude.
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar.
Located in the Science Park, within the main Campus of York University (YO10), Piksel’s European head office is home to some of the most innovative video streaming technologies on the Planet. Our teams build and run next generation TV platforms like Channel 4’s All 4, as well as partnering with companies like Discovery, Endemol and Liberty Global - helping them to get better connected with their audiences; engaging with them in exciting, unexpected ways.
We work collaboratively across the globe, from York, London, Atlanta, Malaga, Paris and Milan. We’re a powerhouse in the video streaming technology sector and the kind of company where you can really broaden your horizons.
In a time where consumers can stream content from anywhere, at any time, on any device - we create and power the platforms that the World is watching.
Just so you know, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.